Thursday, October 2, 2008

Twice the terms, twice the challenge...

I've had a week off and Term 2 has begun, the bar is set high and I'm sallying forth full steam ahead. There isn't much to show yet, this is the follies of trying to post a blog mid-week, mid-assignment. I may change this up to provide something with a little more sustenance, I don't usually get to post everything I do all week. Anyways the first assignment of this term involves a turn-around but also the proper thinking and planning of a shot, starting from reference and thumbnailing to final production. Some fantastic tips and tricks, strategems and time-savers have been learned already and the excitement ensues! Here's some walk reference I've come up with already, tho there may be many changes yet ahead and even before the end of the week.


In the past two weeks I've also co-started a local video game developers group, in which we met for the first time last night. It was a great meet up and not so much in the ways of video game development, but it was a great start to get to know some of the other people involved; I very much look forward to the next class. I've as well found my niche to learn Flash, with another pro-bono project that I'm doing for a good cause in which I get to characaturize an aquaintance of mine. I can't give away too much on that yet, but new news to follow I'm sure. Definately exciting and busy times!

No comments: