Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Personal progression during economic depression

The assignment was finished, and countless more changes, subtle at this point, made. Yay for me; I'm quite happy with how it turned out, and only a couple minor notes from my mentor on the knees, but all in all, the TLC that went into it really paid off. Here's the final version, with the box overlap added as well:

I aso began to develop a good and new pipeline that made my production a lot more efficient, particularly when coming to splining. That's part of the interesting phase of school, it's a lot of experimenting with different methods to find ones we're comfortable with and able to excel at, some work better for others.
In other exceptionally cool news, the revered Richard Williams, Animation director of Who Framed Roger Rabbit and author of my personal bible "The Animator's Survival Kit" came to town on Monday and gave a small lecture and QnA session. It was amazingly unbelievable, and his humility was something to behold. It was a fantastic pleasure to meet him, have him sign my book and take a quick photo. This man was able to learn from the "Nine Old Men" (the animators from Disney who constructed the rules behind successful animation) and help pass them along to the next generation of people, because noone had done that at that point.
Video reference, thumbnailing and blocking is also underway with the next week's assignment, this one involving a pole jump (ie. jumping from pole to pole with a character with no arms). Below is a sample of my blocking underway, no timing or spacing has been done yet, simply just working on posing; I chose a xmas theme, I don't really know why, hehe.


No comments: