Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Siggraphitti Vidi Vici

Returning from Siggraph, I can't begin to say enough great and amazing things about it. Not only did I learn an ample amount about the current industry and the future of where it will go but also it was great for career networking, as I got to meet many people in the flesh. Animation Mentor in particular, it was fantastic to be able to shake someone's hand and vocalize that was otherwise done through text. I also got an opportunity to meet the infamous Bobby Beck, Carlos Baena and Shawn Kelly; the founders of the school and essential and inspiring celebrities as far as I'm concerned. There is so much to say about last week, the experience was incredibly profound and useful.

Last week's assignment was relatively light in comparison, which worked well with my gallivant down south. I wasn't able to complete it while in LA but managed to get it done yesterday. My only regret is that it is the sole assignment using the "Tailor" rig which was an extraordinarily fun rig to work with. Needless to say I didn't have much of an opportunity to be creative with this assignment, but I think I faired well on it, crit is yet to come.

No comments: