Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ball-Worthy

More balls! And this time a ball through an obstacle course. Trying to think of something different and creative, I managed to be fairly successful. The pain of this assignment, or my creativity, was putting a fast spin on the ball such that it would land a certain way and continue to roll in that fasion. Coupled with the ideals of squash and stretch it became quite challenging, but ended up working out in my favour. It was a fun challenge, and they do seem to be getting more fun, which is thoroughly exciting. It's astonishing what I'm learning this time around, the things I never picked up on before, being able to feel the weight and appropriateness of a movement or action for example... simply stunning.
The other part of my assignment was to portray devastation in a pose; to show how a body itself can give the impression of this emotion. Also a challenge, particularly to avoid anything that might be overdone or cliche. This is the other real power of this school; it does a good job of forcing originality; well not so much force but strongly enourage. This also makes it that much more difficult hehe, but it works. All these of course start with sketching real life examples and then working towards replicating and exagerating that with a 3D rig as seen below.









Also next week is the beginning of Siggraph, which I do have the good grace and fortune to attend. Also very exciting, I'm busy throwing together reels for handout, so it shall progress to be a busy week in preparation. I can't wait to attend, my nerves are shot already hehe. A most exciting event indeed! The things I shall learn are unfathomable as of yet; well I have sort of an idea.

No comments: