Saturday, August 9, 2008

Overlapping Fantasipaction

This week's in depth struggle revolves around overlapping action and the different ways to approach it. I had a lot of fun with this assignment, and tried to put in a little liveliness as well. I spose the most important lesson I learned, or had reiterated and drilled solidly into my head is the entire importance and necessity to "offset the keys as the LAST step." I was able to try different methods to prepare for overlap, some I liked more than others, but all ended with a very similar and likeable result. I finally think I am not so overwhelmed with how to apply overlap, use it effectively and be able to do it far more expediently than I have in the past. Truly amazing the things I'm learning, feel free to check it out.

Also, I head down to LA for the almighty Siggraph tomorrow, and I can't begin to explain how thoroughly excited I am. A small part of me wishes I was further along in Animation Mentor so I could show even stronger work, but I realized that at next year's Siggraph, the timing will be poetically perfect. Plus, it's also entirely possible an incredible job offer or internship with one of the many prestigious studios may arise with the countless character animation reels I have comprised for distribution. Wish me luck; and stop asking me for swag! :D

No comments: