Thursday, August 19, 2010

Siggy Shenanigans and Bish 2.0

Wow! Well Siggraph was indeed a blast, I have the great fortune to have my reel reviewed by both Disney and Nickelodeon, and they were able to lead me in the direction to where to take it next to push it to the next level. I've never felt so close at this point, however juxtapostionally still far away. My lack of industry experience is still a hindrance, but that's just another hurdle to overcome. I also moved downtown after returning from Siggraph and moved in with my belle, a bit of an exhausting month but back at it.

My new shot is still a work in progress, but after watching a documentary on the world's tallest man I felt inspired to try and animate a guy with crutches. This was also a good excuse and first test with Bishop 2.0. A bit of backward working, but I chose an audio clip from Firefly that I thought made for an interesting character; A physically weak man and yet quite clearly powerful. we'll see how it comes along in the next few days but as it is...

1 comment:

Manimator said...

whoa? Japanese? comments. well let me be the first to comment in English, Hey dude this looks nice and clean man. I hope your keeping busy!

I really liked the master class if you ever wanna "compare" notes we could like hang ten.

oh its Jessy Watson from the food court. HAHAHA